Best Alaska King Salmon Fishing Trips
1. Nushagak River Kings
Alaska Elite Outfitters (A.E.O) provides you the fantastic opportunity to fish on the famous Nushagak River for the most massive Alaska King (Chinook) Salmon run in the world. A known fact, the Nushagak River is home to the best; also the biggest King Salmon run in Alaska with over 100,000 King Salmon returning annually to spawn. Furthermore, during June and July, it is not uncommon to catch 20 – 40 King Salmon per day, during the peak weeks of the run. Landing these aggressive King Salmon is not only exciting but guaranteed to wear out your arm!
Alaska King Salmon are voracious feeders strike a variety of lure presentations. We effectively utilize spin-n-glows with cured eggs, and large lures tipped with herring. Not only do we drift and troll thru the King holes but also anchor up and use crankbaits. You can expect to use eight to nine-foot medium heavy rods and reels with 20 to 80-pound power pro fishing line.
2. Fly Fishing King Salmon
Fly fishing King Salmon on the Nushagak River is a fantastic challenge. King Salmon generally run the deeper channels as well as hole up to rest. So Fly rods (9-11 weight) with fast sinking line and weighted flies are recommended to get down deep enough to fish them.
3. South Western Alaska & Bristol Bay
South Western Alaska and the Bristol Bay area has the largest populations of King Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Graying and Dolly Varden in Alaska and possibly the world according to Alaska Department of Fish & Game (ADFG). King salmon fisherman have a two fish per day limit with 4 in their possession on the Nushagak river system. With 4 Kings filleted and frozen you can take home a 50 lb. Box of vacuum-packed fillets and at $20 per pound in your local grocery store that is $1000.00 value. King Salmon is both delicious and nutritious, as well as a very healthy table fare!
4. Nushagak River Lodging
In addition to having some of the most comfortable accommodations on the Nushagak river; Nushagak Paradise lodge is also right on the River 20 miles below the village of Ekwok close to the tide waters. wooden cabins, kitchen, and yurts are right next to the lodge, steam bath, showers, and also restrooms. Our location is very convenient for our guest because it sits on the bluff overlooking the Nushagak river as well as giving us access to the landing strip and float planes access.
5. Nushagak River King Fishing Packages
Fishing packages are all-inclusive once you arrive in the main camp which is 20 miles down river from Ekwok, Alaska. In the field, we provide three meals a day for all our guests including snacks. In addition to that, we set you up with all the gear, bait, freezer boxes as well as fish cleaning, and packaging for your fully guided fishing trip. If you would like to Fly-fish, you should bring your fly rods and gear. Please email Mike@alaskaeliteoutfitters.com or call Mike @ 218-434-0068 for more info on this.
Key Points to consider about Alaska Elite Outfitters
- King Salmon Fishing Specials for groups of 4
- River fishing is not only exciting but also done in all types of weather
- Wooden cabins, kitchen, and yurts not only cots but also mattress pads, and pillows
- Cooked meals provided breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Fish packaging as well as freezer boxes provided
- The camp location is right on the Nushagak River
- Plenty of freezer space for your catch
- Ice maker and refrigeration in the lodge
- Hot showers, Flushing toilets on site next to cabins
- Fresh cured bait (Salmon Eggs) provided
- Nice King Salmon fishing rods & reels provided
- You can Purchase your fishing license and King Stamp from Alaska Elite Outfitters or ADFG