Alaska Silver Salmon
Silver Salmon fishing trip on the Nushagak River in Bristol Bay Alaska is nothing less than spectacular. These both acrobatic and aerial Silver Salmon (Coho) leap out of the water consistently making catching them a thrill on either fly rods or spinning gear. Located on Nushagak River in the Bristol Bay area our Alaska fishing lodge is in the prime location to get your limit of silvers. Our fishing guides take fishers to where the Silver Salmon are coming up the Nushagak the heaviest.
Bristol Bay Silver Salmon Fishing
The Nushagak River has all five species of salmon (Chinook, Coho, Sockeye, Chum and Pinks) and of course the mighty Silver Salmon. Beginning in late July then ending in early September over 100,000 silvers head up the river to their spawning grounds. Nearly 112,000 Silver Salmon went through the Alaska Fish & Game(ADFG) counter in 2018, and ADFG expects even larger runs for 2019. A fisherman is allowed to keep five Silver Salmon per day with 10 Silvers in possession.
Nushagak River Lodging
In addition to having some of the most comfortable accommodations on the Nushagak river; Nushagak Paradise lodge is also right on the River 20 miles below the village of Ekwok close to the tide waters. Wooden cabins, kitchen, and yurts are right next to the lodge, steam bath, showers, and also restrooms. Our location is very convenient for our guest because it sits on the bluff overlooking the Nushagak river as well as giving us access to the landing strip and float planes access.
Nushagak River Silver Salmon Fishing Packages
Fishing packages are all-inclusive once you arrive in the main camp which is 20 miles down river from Ekwok, Alaska. In the field, we provide three meals a day for all our guests including snacks. In addition to that, we set you up with all the gear, bait, freezer boxes as well as fish cleaning, and packaging for your fully guided fishing trip. If you would like to Fly-fish, you should bring your fly rods and gear. Please email Mike@alaskaeliteoutfitters.com or call Mike @ 218-434-0068 for more info on this.
Alaska Fishing License
You will need a non-resident Alaska fishing license for the duration of your stay. You can get them at any sporting goods store, ADFG before coming, OR we do sell all necessary fishing licenses at the lodge.
What Alaska Elite Outfitters has to offer
- Wooden Cabins, Kitchen, lodge, bathrooms
- Hot Showers & Flushing Toilets
- Fish packaging, Vacuum sealing and freezer boxes for your catch
- Right on the river and close to the airport (convenient)
- Plenty of freezer space for your Silver Salmon
- Ice maker and refrigeration in the lodge
- in addition to being Accessible by Float-plane, the wheeled plane also land in our landing strip
- Fresh cured bait (Salmon eggs)
- Nice Silver fishing rods and reels provided
- One of the most comfortable fish camps on the Nushagak River
- Fishing license sold right at camp, or you can get them from Alaska Department of Fish & Game