Alaska Silver Salmon Fishing
Silver salmon fishing in Alaska is nothing less than spectacular. These acrobatic, aerial salmon (coho) leap out of the water consistently making catching them a thrill on fly rods or spinning gear. Located on Nushagat River our Alaska fishing lodge is in the prime location to get limits of silvers. Our boats and guides take you to where the silvers are coming up river the heaviest.
The Nushagat River has all five species of salmon (Chinook, Sockeye, Chum and Pinks) and of course the mighty SILVER (coho). Beginning in late July and ending August 31 over 100,000 silvers head up river to their spawning grounds. Nearly 112,000 silvers were counted in 2018 and ADFG expects even larger runs for 2019. Fisherman are allowed to keep 5 silvers per day.
Located in the village of Ekwok Alaska, only 1/4 mile from airport and landing strip, our location is very convenient for guests. Sitting on the bluff in Ekwok our wooden cabins are right next to the lodge which overlooks the Nushagak River. Our packages are all-inclusive once you arrive in Ekwok; cooked meals morning and night, along with lunch and snacks are provided. We set you up with all the gear, bait, freezer boxes, fish cleaning, and packaging for your fully guided fishing trip.
You will need an Alaska fishing license and a king salmon stamp if fishing kings. You can get them at any sporting goods store prior to coming OR we do sell all necessary licenses at the lodge.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Wooden facilities – No Tents Cooked meals included
- Fish packaging and freezer boxes for your catch
- Right on the river and close to airport (convenient)
- Plenty of freezer space
- Ice maker and refrigeration in the lodge
- Hot showers on site right next to cabins
- Fresh cured bait (Salmon eggs)
- Nice King fishing rods and reels provided
- More reasonably priced than most Nushagak King fishing outfitters